Axis Fleet Management Limited (”We”/“Our”/“Us”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This notice covers:
- Website users
- Job applicants
- Customers/Potential Customers and Suppliers/Potential Suppliers
- Marketing recipients
- Third parties we contact (or who contact Us)
This Privacy Notice is non-contractual, regularly reviewed and may be amended by Us from time to time.
Please note that if We intend to further process your personal data for a purpose other than that for which it was collected, We shall provide you with information on this other purpose and all other information as set out in this notice.
We will not transfer your personal data to any country outside the European Economic Area without your consent. Information about the transfer and any relevant safeguards will be provided to you in advance of you giving consent.
In terms of retention periods, We will not keep your data for longer than is necessary. When deciding how long to hold your data We have regard to legal requirements (including any contractually agreed periods) and statutory limitation periods (under which it is prudent for Us to retain records for longer periods).
Where We rely on consent to process your personal data, you have a right to withdraw your consent at any time. This will not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
You can withdraw your consent to Our processing at any time by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. Please specify the type of processing that you are withdrawing your consent to in your email.
You have a number of rights in relation to the personal information that We process about you. You:
- Have the right to be informed about your data (as set out in this Privacy Notice);
- Can request access to your personal data;
- Can request that your personal data be rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- Can request that the processing of your personal data be restricted or erased in certain circumstances, for example, where the data is no longer necessary to meet its purpose;
- Can object to processing in certain circumstances, for example where this is based on legitimate interests or involves direct marketing;
- Can request to receive personal data that you have provided in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to have this transmitted without hindrance where the data is processed on the basis of consent or performance of a contract;
- Can lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Officer.
AUTOMATED DECISION MAKING (“adm”)
ADM occurs when decisions are made about you by a computer or some other information analysing machine. Examples of this include the machine scanning of CVs, computer processed aptitude or personality tests and website profiling. We do not use ADM.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
We will collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give Us. This is information about you that you give Us by filling in forms on Our site or by corresponding with Us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use Our site, subscribe to Our service, search for a product, place an order on Our site, request a call back or submit an inquiry, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on Our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with Our site. The information you give Us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph and any other information.
- Information We collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to Our site We may automatically collect information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from Our site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call Our customer service.
- Information We receive from other sources. This is information We receive about you if you use any of the other websites We operate or the other services We provide. We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies). We will notify you when We receive information about you from them and the purposes for which We intend to use that information.
We also collect technical data via Google analytics and other third-party plug-ins on the website, however, these reports do not contain any personal data.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We may use information held about you in the following ways:
INFORMATION YOU GIVE TO US
We will use this information:
- to carry out Our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and Us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from Us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services We offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services We feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or rental or negotiations of a sale or rental to you. If you are a new customer, and where We permit selected third parties to use your data, We (or they) will contact you by electronic means if you have consented to this or, for certain goods and services, if it is in Our legitimate interests to market these goods and services which We feel may be of interest to you. If you do not want Us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which We collect your data;
- to notify you about changes to Our service;
- to ensure that content from Our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We will use this information:
- to administer Our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve Our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of Our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of Our efforts to keep Our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising We serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of Our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
INFORMATION WE RECEIVE FROM OTHER SOURCES
We will combine this information with information you give to Us and information We collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information We receive).
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
Your data will be shared with:
- Any member of Our group, which means Our subsidiaries, Our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
- Selected third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract We enter into with them or you;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist Us in the improvement and optimisation of Our site (such information to be anonymised before using for this purpose);
In addition, We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that We sell or buy any business or assets, in which case We will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Axis Fleet Management Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to Us is stored on the secure server of the marketing agency authorised by Us to host Our Axis website. Where We have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of Our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Once We have received your information, We will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
TYPES OF DATA WE PROCESS
We may process the following information at the recruitment stage:
- Personal contact details including name, address and email;
- Information collected during the recruitment process such as your CV/application (including details of previous work experience, education and references) and answers to any interview/recruitment questions relevant to the role you applied for;
- Equal opportunities information. This is not mandatory and is not made available to anyone outside of the recruitment team (including hiring managers and HR) save in an anonymised format so as not to identify you;
- Recruitment Agencies – We may collect your personal details, details of your application and details of your experience and qualifications from the recruitment agency you applied via.
With the exception of the equal opportunities information, you are obliged to provide this personal data to Us as it is necessary for Us to explore potentially entering into a contract with you. If you fail to provide it We may be unable to process your application and, if appropriate, offer you employment. The equal opportunities form is not mandatory and there are no consequences if you fail to provide it.
We may process the following information after you have been shortlisted and/or as part of a conditional job offer:
- Proof of your identity (such as driving licence) and any relevant right to work checks;
- Proof of your qualifications – We may request copies or originals for Us to take copies from, either by post, email or during your induction;
- We will contact your referees (with express consent), using the details you provide in your application, directly to obtain references.
The above is usually part of a conditional offer of employment and therefore you are obliged to provide this as it is necessary to enable Us to enter into a contract with you. Right to work checks are a statutory requirement which you are obliged to provide. A failure to provide this may result in Us being unable to offer you employment.
THE PURPOSES OF PROCESSING
- For recruitment purposes i.e. to ensure you are suitable for the role being advertised and so We can contact you about this role;
- To comply with legal obligations including right to work checks;
- To seek professional advice/defend claims arising from the recruitment process;
- In relation to the equal opportunities form, to monitor equality in recruitment practices.
LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING
We process your personal data on the basis of consent and/or because it is necessary for Our legitimate interests, namely to ensure that you are qualified and suitable for the role you are applying for and to ensure We have a record of the recruitment process for the defence of legal claims.
We process details of your right to work checks in line with Our legal requirements to do so.
SHARING YOUR DATA
Your data will be shared internally with the recruitment team which consists of HR, Legal and the interviewing managers and Our management, as relevant, and their support staff and subordinates where appropriate.
CUSTOMERS/POTENTIAL CUSTOMERS AND SUPPLIERS/POTENTIAL SUPPLIERS
THE TYPES OF DATA WE HOLD
- Contact details of those instructing Us as potential customers (such as name, job title, address and email address);
- Contact details of those who instruct Us as potential suppliers (such as name, job title, address and email address);
- In some instances, We may require documentation to verify identity including passport or driving licence details for individuals or details of shareholders and directors from Companies House for organisations;
- Information about any contracts you deal with Us on;
- In some instances, to enter the contract with you We may also need to carry out credit checks or other financial checks with (and obtain personal data from) the HMRC or similar financial organisations;
- We may also need to process personal data from third parties which are necessary for the performance of the contract with you.
You are obliged to provide this information to enable Us to perform Our contract or to take steps to enter into a contract with you and to enable Us to comply with statutory obligations. If you do not provide this information We may not be able to provide any services to you.
THE PURPOSES OF PROCESSING
To enable Us to:
- Perform Our contractual obligations e.g. to contact you and take steps to enter into a contract;
- Take preparatory steps to deal with your enquiry to potentially engage you as a client or supplier;
- Verify identity and source of funds where legally required to do so;
- Retain a record for the defence of legal claims or insurance purposes;
- Market services to you (such as industry and Company updates and event invitations) which We consider would be of interest to you;
- Retain a record of Our services and any feedback received to improve Our products and services;
- Retain a record of your supply or services;
- Provide you with necessary information to carry out the services We have contracted with you to perform;
- Retain a record for the purpose of regulatory audits or audit requests from clients and for external audits/quality checks.
LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING
- To perform the contract that We have entered into with you or take steps to enter into a contract;
- It is also necessary for Our legitimate interests (to provide or receive the products or services efficiently, to maintain accurate records for the defence of legal claims, to retain accreditations and to grow Our business);
- To comply with Our legal and regulatory requirements including audits.
SHARING YOUR DATA
Your data will be shared internally to the extent necessary to carry out Our obligations under Our agreement with you and/or in line with the purposes set out above. This is likely to include individuals responsible for supplying Our products and services to you, any supervisor and subordinates, IT, Finance and Legal. Your data may also be shared with Our bank or funder as necessary where you are making payments (or payments are due) to Us, and also with Our providers of professional support services (for example, with Our provider of IT support services as necessary to perform maintenance on or to upgrade Our IT systems and databases).
Your contact details may also be shared with Our Marketing team to ensure you are provided with market updates and offers that We believe may be of interest to you. Please note, you have a right to opt out of any marketing communications (see below section on ‘Marketing Recipients’).
We use Trustpilot as a third party for feedback on services We provide to you. When inputting your feedback, you will be asked to provide your name, contact details and company details. This data is then shared to Us by Trustpilot and used in line with Our purposes above, namely to retain a record of feedback to improve Our services.
We will also share your personal information with third parties where required by law and where it is necessary to administer the working relationship with you (as stated above). We may also need to share personal data with third parties such as potential buyers of the business where applicable (the recipient of this information will be bound by confidentiality restrictions if the data cannot be anonymised).
Once We have completed Our obligations under Our contract with you, your personal data will be kept in line with Our record retention policy.
TYPES OF DATA WE HOLD
We may process your personal data including your name, employer, job title and email address for marketing purposes.
In most cases We will have received this data from you directly when you have signed up for services or events or inquired about goods or services we have marketed, however We may also obtain data from publicly available sources (such as your employer’s website).
You are not obliged to provide this information, however, if you do not do so We may not be able to provide the products or services requested (for example, to receive industry updates and special offers, We would need a valid email address).
Each of Our marketing communications contain an ‘opt out’ hyperlink so that you can opt out easily at any time. Alternatively, you may opt out of marketing communications by emailing email@example.com.
PURPOSES FOR PROCESSING
We may process this personal data to send you marketing updates by email (and in some cases by post) such as industry news, new services We are looking to offer, special offers, and event invitations that We believe may be of interest to you or that you have expressly requested.
If you have opted out of marketing updates, We may retain your personal data as a record of those who have opted out to ensure that We do not contact you further for these purposes.
LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING
We process this data on the basis of consent and legitimate interests, namely to maintain and grow Our business.
SHARING OF DATA
We will always treat your personal data securely and with respect and do not share this with other organisations save where you have expressly asked Us to do so or save as below.
Your personal data is shared internally with Our Management, Our Marketing and IT teams. We use an external marketing agency for marketing purposes, who will have access to Our website and mailing lists. However, We will only authorise them to use your personal data if it is necessary for particular tasks assigned to them pursuant to their role, for example to monitor and analyse Our marketing actions conducted through social media and corresponding response rates. We may also share your personal data with third party platforms (such as Mailchimp) for marketing automation. Such platforms only store and process your personal data for the purposes of facilitating and automating Our contact with you. Where fees are charged for a product or service, Our Finance team and Management will also have access to your personal data to the extent necessary to recover payments from you and record your payment record and financial details.
THIRD PARTIES WE CONTACT (OR WHO CONTACT US)
TYPE OF DATA WE HOLD
We may process your personal data including your name and contact details where you have contacted Us (e.g. for information) or where We have obtained your information from a public source or third party and wish to request information. If We receive any communication from you then We will also process any data contained within your request.
An example may be where you are a prospective employer and contact Us for a reference, an estate agency looking for a reference for one of Our employees for a property transaction, or where We seek a reference for someone We intend to employ. Another example may be where We contact you to see if you would be interested in hosting a joint event or where We seek to use your business service, vice versa, or where you market to Us.
This covers a variety of requests and, in most cases, We do not envisage you being obliged to provide your personal data. If you are requesting information from Us, not providing this data may mean We are unable to respond.
PURPOSES FOR PROCESSING
The purpose of Us processing your personal data is to allow Us to respond to your request or to seek information.
LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING
We process this data on the basis of Our legitimate interests. These are likely to include assessing job applicants’ suitability for roles and growing Our business and network.
SHARING OF DATA
Your data will be shared internally with those parties relevant to the information request. If your request requires this, it may be shared with other external parties.